Monday, January 26, 2004

I've been arguing with a friend of mine over whether basketball or baseball is the better sport. This is the latest e-mail sent to me: I just finished conducting an unscientific polling and basketball is a 10-1 favorite over baseball so you owe me something.
My Reply: I think the selection pool was tainted. If I ran the same informal poll, I could come up with a 10-1 vote count as well. Basketball is, no offense here hopefully, a lame-brained person's sport...lol. Basically, you don't need to have much knowledge of the game or be a big fan to enjoy watching a game. Baseball, on the other hand, is really more for the "knowledgeable" fan. Someone who really wants to get to know the intricacies, strategies and rules of the game.

I'm NOT saying every basketball fan is lame-brained. What I am saying is the average person you ask IS much more likely to say they like Basketball because of the "action." When, in reality, they just don't know everything there is to know about the two sports.