Monday, July 14, 2003

I had one of the uniquely long weekends that you look forward to for about a month, but are definately glad when it is over.
Friday we went to dinner at some Pizza place in Greenwood (in Seattle) with my aunt Sue & Uncle Jeff. There were suppose dto be 12 of us there and my wife Marsha and I couldn't figure out who the last person was going to be. We couldn't find any parking so we got a ticket for parking in the McDonald's parking lot. It's one of those parking company tickets though, so I'm not going to pay it. Anyway, the 12th person turns out to be my mom who just flew up from California. It was a very nice Surprise to see her.
On Saturday, we went horseback riding at a ranch in Gold Bar, Wa. The ride was great & a lot of fun. After the ride it was off to a BBQ also in Gold bar. Lots of food, people and beer.
Sunday was a family reunion in LaConner, WA. There were many Bouffiou's there that were all surprised to see my mom. We had Salmon, played the cribbage tournament, hid from the breif rainshower, chased my 3-year-old around all day and headed home around 7 pm. It was a great and exhausting weekend (remember, we jsut got home from a 12 day "vacation" to North Dakota which entailed 1800 miles worth of driving *after* we flew in to Minneapolis). Needless to say we have a ton of yardwork, laundry and catching up on chares to do this weekend.
I think I need a vacation - again!