Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gun Safety - I recently purchased a gun safe

Last year I purchased my first hunting Rifle. This year I purchased a gun safe like these:



Mine look smore like the middle one. According to the website, Fortliberty.org, The FBI estimates there are more than 341,000 incidents of firearm theft from private citizens every year. The loss of a firearm to theft represents more than a monetary loss, it often represents the loss of a treasured family heirloom. In addition, stolen guns end up in the hands of criminals who may use them to commit further mis-deeds. In fact, over 30% of the firearms used in the commission of a crime are stolen from American homes and businesses. A gun safe will protect your firearms from theft, fire, and misuse.



While I was locking my rifle up with a trigger lock, a safe is the way to go. If you spend the extra bucks on the fireproof safes, it is a valuable resource for keeping imortant documents and well as keeping your safety.