Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Boy, 3, chokes to death on popcorn at movie
A 3-year-old boy choked to death while eating popcorn at a movie theater.
Deontea Riley, of New York City, was at the Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas in Long Island's Valley Stream watching "Alien vs. Predator" with his parents and older brother when he began to choke shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, Nassau County police said.
The family all had been eating from a small tub of popcorn when Elaine McIntosh, the boy's mother, saw that her youngest son was choking.
His parents rushed him out of the theater where they performed the Heimlich maneuver without success.

This story is obviously a trajedy...and I don't want to make light of it, but what the heck is a 3-year-old doing at a movie like Alien Vs. Predator? I do understand the movie is Rated PG-13..so it's not Rated R, but 3 years old? That seems kind of young to expose a young boy to that type of violence...don't you think?