Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Golfing

I took a ½ day and went golfing yesterday. I grew up on Golf. My dad was a single digit handicap golfer (for those of you who don’t know what that means, it means he was pretty good). I golfed in High School and College. I golfed after College….then I moved to Washington. Ever since then, I’ve probably averaged two rounds per year. An amazing drop off for someone who was golfing 2-4 times per week in California.

 

Anyway, 6 pars, one birdie and an eagle later, I shot an 81. Par was 70. I was extremely happy with those results. I eagled the 15th hole. It was a short (325 yd) par 4. I hit a laser driver about 290 right down the middle. That left me with a 35 yard chip shot, which I sank from the fairway. Eagle Two.

 

My plan is to get in one round a week and re-establish a handicap. I really enjoy the game and it’s a nice, relaxing way to spend 4-5 hours.