Friday, January 25, 2008

Good Customer service

My cell phone has been having problems ever since I got it. I’ve had Verizon Wireless replace it twice already. This week, it shut off for no apparent reason and wouldn’t turn on. I replaced the battery and it still wouldn’t turn on. I called their tech support who offered to replace it again. In the middle of the night, it just came back on and started working again. I called their CS back and said, you know what I just want a new model phone. I’ll even pay for it, all I ask is that you upgrade my account to show I am eligible for the $100 discount to get the “new every two” phone. The first e-mail I got was typical…”we’re sorry but this is not our policy, we will replace your current phone with the same model, etc…”

I wrote back that I do not want another one. This one now seems to be working, I’ll stick it out until Sept. when my contract is up, and at that time think about changing companies after being a loyal Verizon wireless customer for over 10 years now.

Today I got a call form a CS rep who said go online or to a store and pick any phone I want. Give her the model number and the will ship me one free of charge. I did so and my new phone is on its way.