Thursday, October 07, 2004

ChihuahuaDies In Housefire Unintentinally Set By FireFighters

Why does everything funny happen in the South?
Arkansas firefighters set off a blaze that scorched a house when a structure they use to teach fire safety to children snapped a power line en route to an education session.
Firefighters in Magnolia, about 135 miles southwest of Little Rock, said the fire education structure, called a "smokehouse," struck a power line as they towed it to an elementary school. The downed power line sparked a fire at a house.
The house suffered minimal damage, firefighters said, but the pet Chihuahua of a widow living in the home was killed. The dog named, Nubin, apparently died of smoke inhalation.